Skywalk Biokovo is a horseshoe-shaped platform out off the cliff with a glass walkway. It is located in the southwestern part of the Biokovo Nature Park on the 13th km of the Biokovo road and next to the info-center, at an altitude of 1228 meters above the sea level where specific weather conditions prevail. In front of info-center is a geological pillar – a three-dimensional view of the cross-section of the rocks that formed the area of Biokovo from its inception to the present day with a geological time table and description of the age and types of rocks. The lookout has the capacity of 30 visitors at a time. Visitors can come to the Ravna Vlaška and Skywalk lookout by the so-called Biokovo road, which leads from the main entrance to the Biokovo Nature Park, on the state road D512 (Makarska-Vrgorac) to the highest peak Sveti Jure.
The opening hours of the Skywalk lookout are from 8-16h, given the weather conditions. The last entrance for the visitors at the reception of the Park is at 15:00h.
During the year the Park is officially open for visiting and sightseeing according to the following schedule:
|DATE||PARK IS OPEN FOR VISITING AND SIGHTSEEING|
|01.04. – 14.05||8:00 – 16:00|
|15.05.- 30.09.||6:00 – 20:00*|
|01.10. – 27.11.||8:00 – 16:00*|
|28.12. – 01.04.||PARK IS NOT OFFICIALLY OPEN|
- *THE LAST ENTRY TO THE BIOKOVO NATURE PARK BY BIOKOVO ROAD IS POSSIBLE AT 15:00!
- DUE TO TRAFFIC ON THE BIOKOVO ROAD, THE ENTRANCE TO THE PARK IS POSSIBLE FOR 25 VEHICLES EVERY FULL HOUR!
- VIEWPOINT “SKYWALK BIOKOVO” IS OPEN FROM 08:00, AND CLOSES AT 16:00.
- THERE IS 13 KILOMETERS FROM THE ENTRANCE RECEPTION TO VIDIKOVAC “SKYWALK BIOKOVO” AND IT TAKES ABOUT 30 MINUTES DRIVING.
- BIOKOVO ROAD IS A NARROW, MOUNTAIN ASPHALTED TWO-WAY ROAD WITH ONE LANE. ON THE ROAD IS A SPECIAL MODE OF TRAFFIC WITH LAY-BY ABOUT EVERY 300 METERS.
- TRAVEL THE BIOKOVO ROAD AT YOUR OWN RISK!
- IT IS STRICTLY FORBIDDEN KEEPING THE VEHICLE AS WELL AS SEMI-CIRCULAR TURNING ON THE STATE ROAD D-512 “MAKARSKA – VRGORAC” ALONG THE ENTRANCE RECEPTION OF BIOKOVO NATURE PARK DUE TO THREATENING OF OTHER TRAFFIC PARTICIPANTS!
- EXTRA TIP: BEST TIME TO START FROM YOUR APARTMENT IS ABOUT 6:00. THEN YOU WILL AVOID THE CROWD AND ENJOY WITHOUT A STRESS WAITING IN THE LINE. EVEN IF IT’S SUMMER AND DAYS ARE HOT, TAKE A JACKET WITH YOU (1228 m ALTITUDE), HAT AND BOTTLE OF WATER. SUNSCREEN IS ALSO RECOMMENDED.
If you are athletic type of person or you just like go to the walk, Baška Voda offer you beautiful trekking and hiking trails by the sea or on the mountain of Biokovo
They are organizing boat tour to islands Hvar and Brač with fish picnics, almost every day during the season. On the seaside in Baška Voda you can find their agents in front of the boat and they will give you all informations about tours.
Contact: Neno Mračević; +385 917219054; email@example.com
Contact: Kruno Jurić; +385 989068885; firstname.lastname@example.org
We recommend you special experience – diving. Try it with Poseidon Diving Center.